The surgeon’s office called me today with and official surgery date. Not the November date we were thinking… not even October… Nope! I’m going to be banded September 30. That’s a measly 26 days!
If you remember from my post the other day there are just a few things I have to get done before progressing.
- Attend bariatric seminar/ info session
- Fill out 9 pages of history and mail to surgeon’s office
- Arrange five years of medical records to be mailed to surgeon’s office
- Meet with surgeon
- Meet with psychologist
- Meet with Dietitian — appointment 9/23
- Follow up meeting with psychologist — appointment 9/23
- Surgeon’s office sends in approval paperwork to insurance — TODAY
- Second meeting with surgeon — appointment 9/22
- Have labs drawn — appointment 9/17
- Take a bariatric class on what to expect at hospital and shortly after surgery — appointment 9/17
- SURGERY — 9/30
As you can see the surgeon’s office staff are super at what they do. I didn’t have to make any of these appointments. I do, however, have to worry about getting the leave worked out at my office. I’m hopeful that will be just as easy as the rest of this process. I just keep thinking that I will never again be this heavy. It’s a great thought!
“Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.” Winston Churchill