One Heck of a Week

Today is our anniversary.  I’ve spent most of it sleeping on the couch.  No we’re not fighting.  We’re sick.

This nightmare of a week started Tuesday when I was teaching.  I had the “got a bit of a tickle cough” going on.  Only to wake up Wednesday with a heck of a temp.  We’re talking 102 when I left early from the office.  After a nice nap on the couch I went to my psych follow-up (part of the lap band program) and didn’t feel well at all there then it was off to the walk in clinic my primary care dr office offers.  I was so not happy with this experience.  Let’s just say that for people who are not feeling well sitting ALONE in a waiting area for two flipping hours makes you feel so much better.

Anyway, once I was seen by the triage nurse she told me to talk to the lap people.  Um, ok.  Let me word this carefully.  Getting my nostril pierced hurt less than getting my nasal passage swabbed.  Then because that went so well the lab lady decided that my throat should be swabbed as well.  Yippee.  At least these tests were of the rapid variety.  Both came up negative for flu and strep respectively.  Back to the exam room.  Dr comes in.  Dr says “well the tests were negative so looks like it’s viral.  Want a note for work?”  I really think that my eye was starting to twitch after that one.  So two hours waiting and about five minutes being seen I get a note for work and an order to call them if it gets worse and I can come back in (for another copay).  Not happening.  I went straight to bed only to wake up at about 2am with a temp of 103.2 and seeing sparkly things.  Good times.

Cool shower and sleeping on the couch helped to pull that temp down to a more manageable 100 or so.  Only to have to go to the surgeon’s office to get my first fill.  I waited five weeks for this I was going come hell-or-high-water.  Yeah, did attempted to do that.  Apparently the port where they inject the saline into the band has shifted somehow and I have to get my fill under x-ray.  But the lady that schedules these isn’t in until Monday.  Just getting better isn’t it.  Going back home to bed.

Silly me thought that I could teach that night.  HA!  Ok, it’s not like I could call and get a sub so I went in.  Got home and you betcha… 102 again.  Ugh.  See a pattern yet?  Stayed in bed Friday.  All day.  It would have been nice except now in addition to the fever I’m producing enough green garbage to sink a small barge.  Fast forward to today.  Sunday.  Anniversary.  Yeah, right.  He got a mini quiche breakfast because it was super easy and I felt bad about not doing anything else for the poor man… and back to bed.  I’ve got to go into work tomorrow.  Not sure how that will go but it will be done.  Prayer heals, right?  Yeah, let’s try that.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s